Tonight I cooked paleo coconut chicken which I would highly recommend. The coconut added a sweet taste and different texture to the chicken. Some good things about this dish in addition to the taste is it only took about 20 minutes to make including prep time and I only have 2 bowls and a pan to clean now that I’m done. I would recommend using a meat tenderizer to help with the texture and cut back on cooking time as well as cooking at a low temperature to keep the coconut from burning. For those just starting their paleo pantry, coconut oil can typically be found in the organic section and is stored in a jar. I will definitely make this one again.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- Mix almond flour, shredded coconut and sea salt together in a bowl.
- Beat egg in separate bowl.
- Dip chicken breast in egg and roll in dry mixture.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and add coconut oil when hot.
- Pan fry chicken until fully cooked.
*Inspired by www.PaleoPlan.com